Global Organization of People of Indian Origin is a non partisan, secular global organization engaged in promoting the well being of People of Indian Origin (PIO), enhancing cooperation and communication between Indians living in different countries. With this perspective some specific objectives are:
- To promote the interests and aspirations of the Indian communities around the world and of specific groups residing in various countries of their adoption.
- To promote the common cultural heritage and thereby create a binding relationship.
- To mobilize financial, intellectual and professional resources of Indians abroad for their mutual development and advancement.
- To encourage interaction between communities of Indians abroad on a global level to deliberate and decide on common issues and problem facing them including education and technology.
- To further the interaction between PIOs and other communities at global level in promoting world peace, progress and ecological harmony.